Our Girls

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Holding Pattern

Let me begin by saying that Mary is doing fabulous. She weighs in at 3 lbs., 15 oz. as of today, which is almost her birth weight. Unfortunately, I feel like we are in a holding pattern waiting to reach our final destination. She needs to put on more weight and master taking a bottle to come home. Mary is eating once a day from a bottle, but it takes her quite a while to make it through the feeding. The longer it takes her to take the bottle, the more calories/energy that Mary burns causing her to lose weight. In order to maintain and gain weight, the nurses have to take it slow with bottle feedings. So right now, the two criteria to get her home work against each other. Some days it can be quite frustrating and some days are more emotional than others. I just want her home.
We are balancing time between Mary and Hayden, which seems wrong on so many levels. I feel guilty when I am with Mary because I am not with Hayden and guilty when I am with Hayden because I am not with Mary. Hopefully, we will have Mary home soon and we can spend time together as a family.
My parents have been absolute life savers. They are either driving me to the hospital, visiting the hospital or babysitting Hayden. We would be in such a mess without them.

3 comments:

April S. said...

I can't imagine how tough your situation is having to split time between your two children. Thank God for grandparents!!! Take care and I pray that Mary makes it home soon!

Kari said...

Please know that you all are in our prayers and thoughts...I know first hand how hard it is!! I can not wait to meet Mary...thanks for the updates and please try to stop feeling guilty..I know that it is easy for me to say, but your doing a great job!! Hang in there and hugs to you and your family!!

Nicole said...

Please know we are thinking and praying for you guys. I can't imagine the stress you are under. I know it might not seem like it now, but it will all get better soon. I am glad that Mary is doing good. It won't be too long and she will be home!