Our Girls

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Stork made an early delivery





For those who have not heard the news, Mary Amelia Duff arrived on Sunday, August 10th to everyone's surprise. The scary part is that I was only 32 weeks, the great news is that Mary is doing wonderful. She weighed in at 3 lbs., 15 1/4 oz. and was 18 inches long. My water broke on Sunday morning and despite all of their best efforts, my labor could not be stopped. Of course, my water broke in Target and poor Jason had to come into the women's restroom to get me once I realized what had happened. I didn't realize that they can delay the baby's birth up to 8 weeks even if your water has broken, but they can. We actually thought that my labor had stopped, but as soon as we talked everyone into going home, Mary decided it was time to make her debut. Luckily my doctor was on call and at 4:39 PM, Mary was here.

She is going to have to stay in the NICU for a few weeks, hopefully only 2 weeks. It was definitely the scariest moment of my life because it was so early, but her lungs seem to be fully developed and once she learns how to take a bottle, we can take her home. Evidently, that skill comes along around 34 weeks. Here are a few pictures and hopefully her next shots will be at home. Thank you to everyone for their prayers & well wishes!!!

5 comments:

April S. said...

Oh my! I was definitely shocked to see that Mary is here so early, but I am glad to hear she is doing well. Congrats on getting her here. Antonio and I will keep Mary, and your whole family in our prayers. Take care and keep us updated when you can.

Jennifer said...

Wow! I was really surprised to see a new baby when I visited your blog. I bet you were really surprised when your water broke in Target. I hope you are feeling well! It sounds like Mary is doing great for her early debut. I pray that she gets to come home soon and everything else goes well. Congratulations Duff family of 4!

Kari said...

Praying and thinking of you all!! Glad that Mary and you are doing well..will continue to pray for Mary!!!Keep us posted!!

Karen said...

WOW, WHAT A SWEET SURPRISE!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! She is precious!!! Glad to see that she is doing so well after coming so early!! Big Sister Hayden looks proud and ready!!

I was not expecting to see this quite yet when I checked in on your ol' blog! But I must say that if your water was going to break in a store it would most certainly be in Target as you've liked shopping there for as long as I can remember. :-)

I will pray for her to continue to do well!!

Congratulations again on becoming a family of 4!!

Nicole said...

I have been thinking about you all! I hope all is going well. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys! Love to you all and Congrats on your beautiful addition. She is PRECIOUS!